Whiter teeth are always desired. Everyone wants whiter teeth and with good reason – white teeth make us look younger, healthier, more attractive, and just overall better. Yellowing or stained teeth can be a huge hit to your confidence, while whiter teeth can make a difference for big events, photos, or just when you’re ready to take your appearance to the next level.
The best choice for whitening your teeth is professional whitening, but not everyone is ready for the commitment or price tag. The good news is that you can take some preliminary measures to brighten your teeth right away.
Simple Ways to Brighten Your Teeth
- Stop Drinking Coffee and Wine, Quit Smoking. These substances are incredibly harmful for your teeth, and they dull the natural white & brightness of your teeth as well. Eliminating coffee and wine as much as possible, and quitting smoking right away will immediately bring your teeth some much needed brightness and stop the daily staining.
- Invest in a Power Toothbrush. A good toothbrush can go the distance for brightening your teeth. Upgrade to an electric toothbrush with multiple settings, including an intense scrubbing & whitening setting.
- Increase Regular Dental Hygiene. Are you flossing every day? Getting every single surface of each and every tooth? Simply becoming more intentional about your everyday dental hygiene can prevent serious stains and remove daily buildup to keep your teeth more white.
- Switch to Whitening Formulas. Switch to a whitening toothpaste, a whitening mouthwash, and even whitening gum. A few small switches can make your teeth more white without effort.
- Adjust Makeup. For the ladies, adjusting to a blue-based red lipstick can make your teeth look extra white. Giving your skin a little more color with a tan or bronzer will also make your teeth pop.
- Whitening Strips. If you want to really whiten your teeth at home without the price tag of a professional whitening, whitening strips are the best step to take. You can get them over the counter or order online, just be sure to follow the directions closely.
After trying out these options for teeth whitening, decide if you like where you’ve landed. If you still feel a need to brighten or whiten your teeth, it’s time to talk to a dentist about professional whitening to really change your teeth for the better. Give us a call and we can help you achieve the brightest whitest teeth you desire.