A beautiful smile is often the key to making a good impression on others. That said, there are many things that can affect the appearance of your smile, including genetics, dental trauma, and tooth decay.
Fortunately, cosmetic dentistry can provide a number of solutions to help you feel more confident in your appearance. By undergoing one or more simple cosmetic procedures, you can transform your smile from ordinary to extraordinary!
Common Cosmetic Dentistry Procedures
The most common aesthetic dental procedures include the following:
- Composite Fillings: These fillings can restore the teeth’s natural appearance and function after they have been damaged by decay. The color of the compositefillings can match the shade of natural teeth and create a seamless look.
- Dental Veneers: Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells that are bonded to the front of your teeth to improve their appearance and function. Your dentist may recommend teeth veneers if you have gaps between your teeth or if they are stained. They can also fix the appearance of crooked teeth, worn-down teeth, or teeth that appear too large for your mouth.
- Invisalign® Clear Braces: This innovative orthodontic treatment can help you straighten your smile without the need for metal braces. Many patients prefer this more discreet treatment as a way to achieve a straighter smile.
- Teeth Whitening (Bleaching): Teeth whitening is a popular option for individuals who want to brighten their teeth by several shades at a time. However, it is primarily intended to improve the appearance of a smile rather than treat existing oral health concerns. Those with serious stains or discoloration may want to consider other cosmetic dentistry procedures, such as porcelain veneers.
- Dental crowns: Dental crowns are fixed prosthetics that are cemented onto an existing tooth or dental implant using a dental adhesive bonding material known as dental cement. Dental crowns are custom-made for each patient in a dental laboratory based on an impression of the prepared tooth. Once complete, the patient returns to the dental office to have the dental crown placed and secured over the tooth’s remaining surface. A dental crown is used to restore a broken or severely decayed tooth that can no longer be treated by a regular filling alone.
- There are several types of crowns, including porcelain and ceramic crowns. Porcelain crowns are the most commonly used type of cosmetic restoration because the material is strong and can be matched to the color of the patient’s teeth for a natural look. Ceramic crowns are also a great choice because they are also very durable and strong as well.
To learn more about these or other dentistry options, schedule a consultation with one of our dentists at Fort Union Family Dental located at 8915 S 700 E Ste 103, Sandy, Utah 84070, or call (801) 562-2147 today! We would be happy to answer any questions you may have!