At Fort Union Family Dental, we provide implants. An implant is a titanium post that acts as an artificial tooth root. Titanium has a natural affinity to bone, so once the implant has fused with the jawbone, it’s much less likely to come loose or fall out. This is a critical advantage compared to dentures, which sit on the gums instead of fusing to them.
The dental implant restoration has two parts: the root and the crown. The root is inserted into the jawbone where, over time, it will fuse to the surrounding bone in a process known as osseointegration. Once this process is complete, the restoration may be attached to the implant. The result is an artificial tooth that looks and functions like natural teeth.
The Benefits of Dental Implants
- Dental implants look and feel like your natural teeth, and no one will ever know!
- Dental implants are permanent, so you never have to worry about them slipping out of place like dentures can!
- You’ll be able to eat all your favorite foods without worrying about your artificial tooth falling out. Your dental implant will feel just like one of your natural teeth!
- Dental implants restore your confidence by making you smile big and proud! You’ll regain the self-confidence you had when you still had your natural tooth.
- Dental implants can support your face. Without healthy teeth to support your face, skin can begin to sag from lack of support, or bone deterioration can occur due to lack of stimulation caused by missing teeth.
- Dental implants require very little maintenance outside of regular brushing and flossing. They’re also stain-resistant and can improve your long-term oral health!
- Your dental implant could last the rest of your life with proper care! That’s something no one can say about other tooth loss solutions out there!
How Do I Know if I'm a Candidate for a Dental Implant?
The best way to find out if you are a good candidate for dental implants is to come in for a one-on-one consultation with our team. We will examine your teeth, gums, and bone structure, as well as your overall health and lifestyle habits, to determine how to best proceed with your treatment process.
During your initial exam, we will perform an X-ray of your mouth to see if any underlying issues would make dental implants not a good option for you. If you are healthy and have sufficient jawbone density to support the placement of implants, you will qualify for this procedure. However, if issues must be addressed before implant treatment, we can complete any restorative or cosmetic treatments you need before moving forward. This is because we want to ensure you are comfortable, healthy, and ready to undergo the procedure.
Dental implants are the ideal tooth replacement method because of the way they function and the way they improve the health and strength of the jawbone structure. For more information, visit Fort Union Family Dental located at 8915 S 700 E Ste 103, Sandy, Utah 84070, or call (801) 562-2147.